The symposium starts on Monday, 3rd June 2013 at 09:00pm and ends on Tuesday evening, 04th June.
Presentations focusing on "integration of single-usedevices in biopharmaceutical manufacturing" will be held on Monday whereas the topics "new single-use technology" and "workshops and networking" are treated on Tuesday.
In addition, there will be two social events, a gala dinner on Monday and an alumni get-together on Tuesday.
The official language of all events is English (i.e. all printed materials will be provided in English and no translations of the oral presentations are envisaged).
The main part of the symposium consists of a number of oral presentations and includes poster sessions.
At the accompanying exhibition companies from the biotechnological and related industries will present to our participants and overview of their products.
Participants are invited to submit abstracts for both oral and poster presentations. The abstracts will be assessed by the scientific committee, which reserves the right to stipulate the presentation format, i.e. oral or poster presentation. There will be an award for the three best posters at the end of the symposium.
The abstracts must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Please, use the abstract template for submission of your abstract.
- Title: max. 90 characters, including spaces.
- Plain text should not exceed 2'500 characters, including spaces.
- All abbreviations should be explained on their first use.
- Only abstracts submitted in English will be reviewed.
- Abstracts should be thoroughly checked for spelling and grammar before submission.
- Affiliation should include: Institute/Organisation/Company – City – Country.
- Units: adhere to the style of the Journal of Biotechnology.
- A maximum of 3 numbered references may be included in the abstract.
- References should follow the style of the Journal of Biotechnology:
 Eibl, R. and Eibl, D. (2009) Application of disposable bag bioreactors in tissue engineering and for the production of therapeutic agents. Adv. Biochem. Eng. Biotechnol., 112, 183-207.
A short curriculum vitae together with your abstract must be submitted in a PDF Format. The deadline for SUBMISSION and resubmission is 22nd April 2013
We want to announce a special issue of the journal „Engineering in Life Sciences“ focusing on single-use technology and containing review as well as research articles of conference speakers.